Saturday, July 6, 2013

Dutch Braided Bun

My friend Molly has the best hair I have ever worked with. It is thick, curly, and the prettiest blonde color. She has the type of hair that can go 3 or 4 days without washing and that makes me super envious. This hairstyle is super simple and came to me one day while I was just messing around with her hair. Its super easy, and it is great for those days when you are like Molly and want to skip the wash!

This hairstyle is basically just a dutch braid that is wrapped in to a bun at the end. I began braiding at the top of her head and instead of braiding one strand over the other, I pulled strands toward her head and under the braid. This technique is used to get that "raised" look. Once I ran out of hair to add in, I braided all the way down and wrapped the braid to create a bun in the center of her hair. I literally fastened this with one single bobby pin, but pin according to texture and thickness.



Then voila you have a functional and very casual updo that is both stylish and comfortable!

No comments:

Post a Comment