Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Curls, Curls, Curls

    Getting a curl just right can take practice. Until recently, it took bottle after bottle of hairspray to keep my curls in tact for more than an hour. Once I began curling my hair more often, though, I found that my hair needed less and less product for an all day hold. I find that the best way to curl hair is by using a wand. The wand is light and easy to hold while it gives you free range to curl and twist any way your heart desires.


When I curl a clients hair, I hold the wand upside down and wrap the piece of hair loosely around the entire wand. If you want the curl closer to the root, continue to twist the wand toward the top of your head to get as close to the part and to create more volume at the root. Unless a client has super fine hair, I like to part sections of the hair to get the most volume out of every strand. Give yourself at least an hour to let curls fall and loosen up.



No comments:

Post a Comment